Michael Loveday will discuss writing flash fiction and the opportunities for writing a series of stories to create a novella.
Michael’s novella-in-flash Three Men on the Edge was published by V Press in 2018. He is judging the 2019 Bath Novella-in-Flash Award and last year judged the Tongues and Grooves Prose Poem Prize.
From this discussion and Q&A we’ll discover
- What’s the fuss about the Novella-in-Flash
- Why this way of telling stories is so suited to the 21st century
- How the novella model offers a new way of thinking about story
- Why this form might reflect life more accurately than a novel
- Judging the Bath Novella-in-Flash Award – Michael’s verdict on the qualities that make a winning novella.
His poetry collection, He Said/She Said was published by Happenstance press in 2011 and his writing has appeared in The Spectator; Flash: the international Short-Short Story Magazine; National Flash Fiction Day Anthology and Funny Bone, and Flashing for Comic Relief.
Michael is a freelance creative writing tutor in Adult & Higher Education and a Director of the National Association of Writers in Education.