Reading at Novel Nights
There are five-minute slots for writers to read their writing during the first half of Novel Nights. The audience are a group of friendly writers and readers.
We want to hear prose which delights, tells a story with skill, hooks a room of people and won’t make them fidget. If you are chosen to read you get comp entry to Novel Nights, your name on the programme and publicised by twitter, facebook and on this website. We accept novel extracts and short stories.
Submission guidelines – send us
- 800-word extract of your writing; no more than 5 minutes reading time
- Choose a scene from your novel or a short story that will work as a piece to listen to.
- We will choose the best writing that fits with the ‘theme’ of the evening, if there is one.
- A picture of yourself – please label with your name
- Your name (or writing pseudonym), and twitter handle
- Send your work and bio in the body of an email. No attachments please.
Email work to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Spaces to read at the following events 2017:
April 26th 2017. Our guest speaker is Richard Jones from Tangent Books on Indie publishing. Surprise or delight us with your words.
May 31st 2017. Guest speakers are Martine Mcdonagh and Stephen May talking about family relationships. Stories about families welcome.
June 19th 2017: We want your short stories or flash fictions. KM Elkes is our guest speaker this month